St. Ann Catholic School is committed to using technology as a tool designed to enhance our academic curriculum. Our faculty has worked to engage our students through thoughtful design and student-centered project-based learning. Our successful technology integration plan is not just using a variety of tools to complete assignment, but creating projects that show a deeper understanding of content.
- St. Ann is 1:1 for students in PK3-8th grade
- Students in PK3-Kinder use the Kindle Fire HD8
- Students in 1st & 2nd grade use the iPad Mini
- Students in 3rd-8th grade Chromebooks
- All teachers use the iPad Pro and/or Chromebook
- Computer Lab with PCs for PK3-5th grade
- High-speed Meraki WiFi is used seamlessly throughout the school
Our computer curriculum is set up to enhance work done in the classroom through close collaboration between each grade level teacher and our computer specialist. Our younger scholars begin with keyboarding and other concepts to build a strong foundation. As they grow added programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and more will help with skills from coding to math and language arts.
Using Google, Microsoft, and Apple products, our students are taught through both platforms with Apple Education and Google for Education giving our students a well-rounded technological education.
Online programs include Starfall, Seesaw, Khan Academy Kids, IXL (Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies), Mystery Science, Generation Genius (Math & Science), ReadWorks, Journeys (Language Arts), and Sadlier (Vocabulary).